Re: [Yaffs] space dissapearing on yaffs2 partition

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] space dissapearing on yaffs2 partition
On Friday 06 June 2014 06:46:23 Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
>      Hi Charles,

> Em 02/06/14 00:58, Charles Manning escreveu:
> > You might also consider using inband tags to see if this makes the
> > problem go away.
>
>      I really couldnt get OpenWRT to mount my root partition with the
> inband-tags parameter. As soon as it boots with that parameter, the
> partition cannot be mounted and it kernel panics.

You would of course have to load up the flash with the files first.

ie. mount with some other boot source, set up the rootfs, then reboot.

>      but as soon as i change to yaffs2 and give the
> rootflags=inband-tags parameter too, it panics and i couldnt get it to
> work.

> [    2.390000] yaffs: dev is 32505862 name is "mtdblock6" ro
> [    2.390000] yaffs: passed flags "inband-tags"
> [   16.450000] VFS: Mounted root (yaffs2 filesystem) readonly on device
> 31:6.
> [   16.460000] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing
> init= option to kernel. See Linux Documentation/init.txt for guidance.

Linux is telling you it cannot read the rootfs.

Inband tags data is formatted differently. If you have flash that does not
have inband tags data, then mounting with inband tags will make the files
invisible.

-- Charles