Re: [Yaffs] Bad eraseblocks and NAND / ECC layouts

トップ ページ
添付ファイル:
Eメールのメッセージ
+ (text/plain)
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Robin Iddon
To: yaffs
題目: Re: [Yaffs] Bad eraseblocks and NAND / ECC layouts
A word of caution on this:
> 1. completely wipe the flash, data and spare area

We found that forcing erasure of bad block markers on Micron MLC FLASH
part (29F32G08QAA) left the block in a state where it could not be
programmed again (i.e. the bad block marker could not be set again).
This is fair enough - there are no guarantees from the manufacturer that
bad blocks can be reprogrammed if erased.

At the time we did this as we had a h/w problem that was making our s/w
think good blocks were bad; having corrected the h/w issue we wanted to
recover all the incorrectly marked bad blocks.

We ended up replacing the FLASH parts on the afflicted boards.

To address this issue properly I think the only choice is to program a
bad block table into a working block; I would guess only one block would
need to be sacrificed, but deciding which block to use and which layer
to implement such a thing at would require more time and effort than it
is perhaps worth - just don't erase bad blocks!

Hope this helps,
Robin