[Yaffs] Anyone using yaffs in u-boot?

Rick Bronson rick@efn.org
Wed Jun 15 18:09:49 BST 2005

Charles,

  Thanks much for the reply.

> I'm notr sure what Uboot does, but it depends what you're trying to achieve,
> reading or writing.
>
> If you're wanting to read an image during booting (ie. boot from YAFFS) then
> have a look at the bootloader in YAFFS direct.

  Yes, this is what I want to do.

  Can the "YAFFS direct" take a pointer to the actual NAND device
(ie. the 8 bit port) and extract a file from a partition into ram that
was previously written via YAFFS on Linux?

  Unfortunately I'm stuck at a 2.4.19 kernel for now, is this a
problem for the latest and greatest YAFFS?

  Thanks for all the help.

  Rick