[Yaffs] Anyone using yaffs in u-boot?

Charles Manning manningc2@actrix.gen.nz
Wed Jun 15 00:39:16 BST 2005

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 10:29, Rick Bronson wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   It looks like someone in Korea is using yaffs on uboot.  If you
> google:
>
> "nand read" yaffs uboot site:kr
>
>   but the code doesn't seem to be available.  Just wondered if anyone
> here knows how to get yaffs support in uboot?
>
>   Thanks very much for any help.
>
>   Rick Bronson

I'm notr sure what Uboot does, but it depends what you're trying to achie=
ve,=20
reading or writing.

If you're wanting to read an image during booting (ie. boot from YAFFS) t=
hen=20
have a look at the bootloader in YAFFS direct.

If you want to use Uboot to write an image into a YAFFS partition then lo=
ok=20
at mkyaffs for inspiration.

-- CHarles