Re: [Yaffs] How can I mount yaffs2 on ubuntu 12.04

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs, S. K.
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] How can I mount yaffs2 on ubuntu 12.04
On Tuesday 22 May 2012 20:58:34 S. K. wrote:
> Thanks again.
>

> It sounds has been mounted correctly, but about the second way to check,
> where I have to create my files to see this changes. Is there any special
> path for this? (I create a folder contains some files on desktop but, it
> did not change.)

This is just basic *nix file handling.

Once you have mounted a file system, the files are then available under that
mount point.

For example, if you mounted yaffs as:

mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt

then the files will be in the directory tree /mnt

You can create files and directories there and manipulate them just the same
as files on the disk:

mkdir /mnt/new-dir
echo "This is my file" > /mnt/my-file

ls /mnt

> After that is there anyway for changing and improving the code? for example
> how I can change something in the source code of yaffs2?

Of course you can. The code is all there.

Edit in your changes and then

make

That will build a new module yaffs2multi.ko

> I have to mount it again after change again? or I can change it without
> mounting after that?

You have to unmount the file system and unload the old module then load the
new module and remount:

umount /mnt
rmmod yaffs2multi
insmod yaffs2multi.ko