[Yaffs] Question on usage of yaffs with nand flash controlle…

トップ ページ
添付ファイル:
Eメールのメッセージ
+ (text/html)
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Henri Cloetens
To: yaffs
題目: [Yaffs] Question on usage of yaffs with nand flash controllers with ECC in hardware

Hi,

I would like to use yaffs on a device with a Nand flash controller that
has ECC in hardware.
The nand flash controller only can read and write 2kbyte pages, no 512
byte pages.
The nand flash controller wants to use as many of the spare bytes as
possible for the ECC.

Questions.
1. Can I use yaffs with this nand flash controller ?.
2. How many spare bytes does yaffs need per 2 kbyte block ?. I would
like all ECC
    and CRC checking in yaffs is switched off, as this is being done in
hardware.
3. In the given configuration, does yaffs support MLC flash ?. The ECC
is done in
    hardware, so yaffs should not care about it. Wear leveling is a
concern, however.

Best Regards,

Henri Cloetens.