Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Martin Egholm Nielsen
To: yaffs
Neue Treads: [Yaffs] NAND ECC working now on my 2.4.20 (Was: Re: Writing a single file marks entire device as bad)
Betreff: [Yaffs] Re: Writing a single file marks entire device as bad

>>> You should only do this if yaffs is doing the ECC instead.
>> So, this is how I have the configuration in order to get it to work:

>> YAFFS_USE_NANDECC=n
>> CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE=y
>>
>> My questions now are then:
>> 1) Is there any ECC enabled now?
>

> I think it's not:
>   - yaffs' ECC is disabled (YAFFS_USE_NANDECC=n)
>   - from my understanding, the MTD ECC depend of your MTD NAND chip (the
> field eccmode of nand_chip,
>     this value is set to NAND_ECC_NONE, NAND_ECC_SOFT, NAND_ECC_HW6_512,
> ...)
>     You can only receive the message "Writing data without ECC to
> NAND-FLASH is not recommended"
>     if eccmode is set to NAND_ECC_NONE.

> What type of nand chip you use?

Samsung K9F5608U0C - 32Mx8...

> Have tried the options CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE=y &&
> YAFFS_USE_NANDECC=y ?

Yes... I started with;
CONFIG_USE_NANDECC=y
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE=n

that didn't work... Then I tried [y,y] - that didn't work either. And
finally, I ended up with [n,y] - and got alot of whinging! :-)

// Martin