Autor: Peter Barada
To: Yaffs
Betreff: Re: [Yaffs] Why does YAFFS skip the first block?
On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 15:25 -0400, Peter Barada wrote:
> I have a NOR implementation of YAFFS, and I've been pounding my head
> with mkyaffsimage.c trying to get an image that can be built on a linux
> box and used on a ColdFire mcf5475 based embedded Linux board using
> kernel 2.4.26.

I'm trying to figure out the *minimum* number of flash blocks required
for YAFFS to run. In yaffs_GutsInitialize(), there are tests agains
hard coded constants for the number of chunks in a flash block, number
of reserved blocks, and number of blocks that YAFFS has to work with.

1) What is the minimum number of reserved blocks that YAFFS needs to
run? I think its one(assuming that the NOR flash doesn't have as nearly
the number of write errors that NAND does).

2) What is the minimum number of flash blocks (besides the reserved)
that YAFFS needs to run? I think its two (one to collect, one to copy
into, one to update).

The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to use YAFFS on a 1MB flash
partition that has 256K flash blocks, leaving only 4 blocks total of
which one is reserved.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

--