Autor: Peter Barada
To: Wookey
CC: Yaffs
Betreff: Re: [Yaffs] Re: Why does YAFFS skip the first block?
On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 11:59 +0100, Wookey wrote:

> > Nowhere does that mention that mkyaffs is *required* to load the image
> > created by mkyaffsimage into the NAND device so that it 'shuffles' the
> > image past the first block. It describes mkyaffs as 'simply erases a
> > NAND mtdblock device'. That can be accomplished by most boot-loaders.
>
> Point taken. Thanx for pointing out that this isn't clear. We are working on
> better/newer docs now so this should get fixed fairly soon.

After staring at yaffs_FindChunkInFile(), I think I've convinced myself
that its not that the block can't be zero, but the chunkInNAND can't be
zero. So instead of skipping the entire first block, we'd only have to
skip the first chunk which is *much* more palatable. Of course I'd like
to use as much of the flash as possible, so I'm digging some more.

--
Peter Barada <>