[Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] bootloader question

Daniel Haensse Daniel Haensse <haensse@swissembedded.com>
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:30:48 +0100

Hi List,

first of all thank you for the fast responses.

I have now finished the bootloader to read the kernel from the yaffs at boot
time. I took the mtd layer and ripped it off, so people can easily write
their own bootloader by porting their mtd driver into the bootloader.
Basically, it needs a function to toggle the chip control lines and a read
address. If you want this in your distro, just let me know.

Question:
- Instead of that gathering mechanism to read the kernel from yaffs, I did
write an mechanism that reads a chunk and copies it to the final memory
location, then it looks for the next one. If objectId matches,
tags.chunkId-1)*YAFFS_BYTES_PER_CHUNK gives the byte offset of the current
chunkId, that way I can reassemble the kernel directly at its final memory
location. At the moment,  it looks like the chunksId comes in increasing
order when stepping through the blocks and pages, but I guess this is only
because I did take an erased flash and copied the kernel on it, right?

regards

Dani