Re: [Yaffs] yaffs2 - resize up

+ (text/html)
+ graycol.gif (image/gif)
Author: jean-christophe.gillet@schneider-electric.com
To: Charles Manning
CC: YAFFS ML
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs2 - resize up

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your answer.
Just to be sure. Are you talking about flags skip_checkpt_rd and
skip_checkpt_wr

Do you think this sequence is correct for resizing up ?
for the new partition size
1/ create yaffs device structure with skip_checkpt_rd=1 and
skip_checkpt_wr=1 and mount partition
2/ unmount partition and delete yaffs device structure
3/ same as 1 but without skipping checkpoint
4/ yaffs_sync on partition to have checkpoint saved

I tested with verbose messages (YAFF_TRACE_VERIFY, YAFFS_TRACE_CHECKPOINT
and YAFFS_TRACE_ALWAYS) and I didn't find strange messages

Best regards
Jean-Christophe

Jean-Christophe GILLET | Schneider Electric | Industry Business -
Process Automation R&D | Firmware Engineer
Phone: +33 (0)4 92 13 3780 or 543780
Email: | Site:
www.schneider-electric.com | Address: 8ème Rue, ZI de Carros BP 147,
06516 Carros Cedex - France
*** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail