Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs mount

Author: Andre Renaud
To: kelvin
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs mount
On 3 April 2014 13:29, kelvin <> wrote:
> I am sorry about my rude.
> I do some search for my question.
> I found that I used modprobe nandsim first_id_byte=0x20 second_id_byte=0xa2
> third_id_byte=0x00 fourth_id_byte=0x15...Always get the only one simulator.I
> have try to change the four id number.
> ([ 205.577601] NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0x98, Chip ID: 0x39 (Toshiba
> NAND 128MiB 1,8V 8-bit), 128MiB, page size: 512, OOB size: 16
> [ 205.577615] flash size: 128 MiB
> [ 205.577616] page size: 512 bytes
> [ 205.577617] OOB area size: 16 bytes
> [ 205.577618] sector size: 16 KiB
> [ 205.577620] pages number: 262144
> [ 205.577621] pages per sector: 32
> )
>
> And I use mkyaffs2image which I compiler by myself.At the very begining,I
> did not adjust the defination of(chunkSize,spareSize,pagesPerBlock in
> /yaffs2/utils/mkyaffs2image.c) to the simulator nand flash.
>
> But I try to change the size of spareSize to OOB area size which is
> 16bytes.I stalled by an error.
> After I changed it and make an new tool(mkyaffs2image).
> commad:
> mkyaffs2image hello hello.image
> Error:
> mkyaffs2image: mkyaffs2image.c:183: shuffle_oob: Assertion `sizeof(*pt) <=
> 16' failed.
> Object 257, hello/unyaffs is a file, Aborted (core dumped)
>
> I want to know does yaffs2 cannot use the OOB size is 16?
> And how can I get a simulator with a different chunkSize and spareSize?

Hi Kelvin,
If you're using the simulator, is there a reason you're using that
part with only 16 bytes of OOB? Having a look at the code it looks
like the yaffs_packed_tags2 structure is going to be 7*4 = 28bytes
long, so you'll need more than 16 bytes of OOB to fit it. I could be
mis-reading that though.

Regards,
Andre