Re: [Yaffs] about yaffs_skip_rest_of_block

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] about yaffs_skip_rest_of_block
On Friday 17 January 2014 20:50:53 Linzichang wrote:
> Hi,everyone
> Now I skip over the rest of the allocation block in the end of function
> yaffs_scan_backwarks, so there is no summary in this block. It will cost
> extra time when we remount the yaffs filesystem if this block hasn't been
> already erased. Now we want to set gc_prioritise flag to 1 when skip over
> the block, so that the gc thread can erase the block quickly. Does this
> modification reasonalbe and effective on this situation?

You could do that.

However, gc_prioritise is only a reasonable thing to do with verty few blocks.
You should not have this set for many blocks at a time.

Background gc (under Linux) will also result in the blocks that were skipped
being rewritten and then a summary will be written. That is likely to take
longer, however.