Re: [Yaffs] is this a bug or my mis-use

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
CC: Ezio Zhang
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] is this a bug or my mis-use
On Thursday 12 July 2012 13:42:45 Ezio Zhang wrote:
> when i migrate yaffs to my system,i found that i may open a file that
> are soft-deled and inserted into dev->gc_cleanup_list[].
> function yaffs_bg_gc() run periodly ,this file will be removed in this
> while i'm willing to use this file.
> and i modified the logic as that:call yaffs_generic_obj_del() after
> soft-del and the scituation before is gone. is this ok?

Are you running with yaffs1 mode or yaffs2 mode of operation?

How are you calling yaffs_bg_gc()? Is yaffs locked at that time?

What you propose is pretty much the same as setting
dev->param.disable_soft_del = 1
That does not use soft deletion but instead immediately deletes the file.

Soft deletion is only beneficial if you delete lots of files at a time which
takes a bit of time if you immediately delete the files.

-- Charles