Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs cache disabling

Author: Peter Barada
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs cache disabling
On 07/10/2012 03:14 AM, Giovanni Rana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thank you very much. I know performances worsen, but I need to
> simulate a simple system having either lot of reads or lot of writes.
> How could I do it? (if I'm not off-topic).

Overwhelm the cache....

Create a test vector ("dd if=/dev/urandom of=/tmp/test-data bs=1024k
count=2048" which creates a 2MB random data file).

Then copy that file to the YAFFS partition, execute "sync" to flush any
unwritten pages out of the cache (and onto the filesystem). "echo 3 >
/proc/sys/vm/drop_cache" to drop the page cache, then read the file back
from YAFFS. Repeat.

--
Peter Barada