Re: [Yaffs] Some patches for Direct interface compilation

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Some patches for Direct interface compilation
On Tuesday 12 June 2012 01:29:38 Stéphane Lesage wrote:
> Hi Charles,
> please ignore the previous patch which was not complete for linux
> compilation.
> I splitted it and did some more modifications:

Thanks for these Stéphane.

> 1. Minor fixes:
> - some inlines
> - extern "C" to include yaffsfs.h from C++
> - u32/unsigned type mismatch in yaffs_query_init_block_state() prototype
> - int yaffsfs_GetLastError(void) should be defined is yaffs_osglue.h
> - struct yaffsfs_DeviceConfiguration no longer needed in yaffscfg.h
> - remove invalid state value in trace message in
> yaffs2_checkpt_find_block() - some redundant includes in yaffsfs.c

I have incorporated most of these and will check them a bit further.

> 2. string functions macros with yaffs_ prefix

I moved away from yaffs_strxxx prefixing in the core code because the pkernel
people did not like it.

I have changed the way the Yaffs Direct stuff handles the common code. The old
way used links. The new way uses a script which copies the files and uses sed
to modify the strxxx functions.

This also now changes all loff_t to Y_LOFF_T to allow the substitution of
32-bit loff_t instead of 64-bit lott_f.

This script is executed in the direct directory:

cd yaffs2/direct
./handle_common.sh copy

> 3. Patch for more customization of ydirectenv.h from user defined
> configuration in yaffscg.h, and remove debug functions

I will modify this along with some other changes I am making.

Regards

Charles