[Yaffs] yaffs2 ECC algorithm

+ (text/html)
Author: S. K.
To: yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk
Subject: [Yaffs] yaffs2 ECC algorithm
Hello everyone!

I have already mounted yaffs2 on my ubuntu12.04 with nand simulator .There is something not clear to me. Yaffs2 has ECC algorithm but, Where it will apply?

I want to check performance of its ECC algorithm on nand simulator and on flash device. can you help me exactly what I have to do?

and another question: I understood that flash memories can be SLC or MLC. SLC uses binary algorithms and  MLC uses nonbinary one. Is it correct? Is it influence the ECC algorithm? If yes what is the yaffs ECC algorithm?(Hamming or ...) what kind of flashs does yaffs support?(simulator and device)