Re: [Yaffs] pdflush takes 100% CPU utilization

トップ ページ
添付ファイル:
Eメールのメッセージ
+ (text/plain)
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
題目: Re: [Yaffs] pdflush takes 100% CPU utilization
On Tuesday 28 July 2009 17:27:22 Anand P wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding yaffs2 & pdflush behaviour.
>
> We have taken the yaffs file system support into our 2.6.10 kernel(MIPS).
> The file system works fine, except, as soon as it is mounted, it is seen
> that the kernel thread "pdflush" CPU utilization goes to 100%.
>
> Did some debugging & found that in yaffs_fs.c, yaffs_auto_checkpoint = 1.
> so yaffs_write_super() never goes into writing the superblock, and pdflush
> is forever trying to flush the superblock.
>
> I changed yaffs_auto_checkpoint to 2, and pdflush is no more @ 100%. Is
> this the right fix for the problem??

That is enabling the auto_checkpoint writing and probably does what you need
here.

The interaction between vfs and the file systems changes from version to
version and you wiill sometimes need to fiddle with these things to get
something that works with the kernel you are using. That's particularly the
case with earlier versions.

-- Charles