Re: [Yaffs] yaffs2 support for linux 2.6.23

トップ ページ
添付ファイル:
Eメールのメッセージ
+ (text/plain)
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Rupesh Kumar
To: manningc2
CC: YAFFS
題目: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs2 support for linux 2.6.23
Hi Charles,

I will continue to work on your suggestions and try to find if there is
any problem in writing oob data which marks blocks bad.

I tried to see bad block creation in NAND using various write operation &
my observations are as below. I hope you can put some comment on this.

Writing data through nandwrite didnot create any bad block.
steps followed:-
        1) erased all bad blocks of nand flash in u-boot.
                # nand scrub
        2) booted with ramdisk image
        3) written file to one of the nand partition using nandwrite
command.
                 # nandwrite -a -o /dev/mtd11 /tmp/rootrfs_1.yaffs2

Writing data through cp after mounting flash drive as yaffs2 marked blocks
as bad block.
steps followed:-
        1) erased all bad blocks of nand flash in u-boot.
                # nand scrub
        2) booted with ramdisk image
        3) erased and mounted one nand partition as yaffs2.
                # flash_eraseall /dev/mtd11
                # mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock11 /mnt/src
        4) written file to nand partiton using cp command.
                # cp /tmp/rootrfs_1.yaffs2 /mnt/src/

>From above test i could understand that there is some difference in data

written through yaffs2 and nandwrite.

Please comment on where exactly it points.

One Request :- Please put me in CC when you reply to this message as i am
not able to directly reply from forum(not sure why).

Thanks
Rupesh