Re: [Yaffs] Lockup in 2.6.28-rc8 (double lock)

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Lockup in 2.6.28-rc8 (double lock)
On Tuesday 10 February 2009 20:04:09 Peter Barada wrote:

> > Actually my bad. Turns out LTIB creates dates in perl relative to
> > GMT, not local, so the date flipped from 20090209 to 20090210 when I
> > tried that fix at 17:41 EST (-0500), and since I was loading
> > "yesterday's" version, it still failed. Things work now with the
> > change to pass GFP_NOFS to kmalloc()...
> >
> > Thanks!

Good to see it working... you had me scratching my head a bit there...

> On further testing, I tried to re-untar the rootfs on top of the
> previous untar'd instance in MTD, and I get BUGs, specifically
> yaffs_guts.c:6836, and then twice at line 6763. Any idea why creating a
> symbolic link, to replace a symbolic link, would trigger this? The
> results look look good(fromt he quick spot check I did).

I assume you see these in the trace during yaffs_clear_inode() or similar. For
now just treat those bugs as warnings. they are checks that are going off but
don't cater properly for some corner conditions on zombied objects (eg.
checking for a sane well connected object that has been partially deleted).
Something I should clean up...

-- Charles