Re: [Yaffs] Newly created unyaffs tool

Author: Wookey
To: Wei (韦)Kai (锴)
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Newly created unyaffs tool
On 2008-12-29 18:30 +0800, Wei (韦)Kai (锴) wrote:
> list:
> So many people ask for a tool to extract files from a yaffs file
> system image. But it seems no such tool serve the purpose
> deliberately. So I determined to create one. Now I have a workable
> version. It can only extract yaffs2 image file at this time. I will
> keep on improving it.
>
> Here is the project page:
> http://code.google.com/p/unyaffs/

I had a yaffs image containing some stuff I changed but forgot to
check back into svn, then deleted the original rootfs tree. This was
annoying. Your tool thus saved me a lot of faffing either doing the
work again or trying to extract it from a real machine. It was tivial
to download, build and use and it 'just worked' (TM).

Excellent. thank you.

I suggest this is checked into the yaffs codebase so people are likely
to have it to hand when they need it, alongside mkyaffsimage. I can do
that if no-one objects. Is that OK with you Kai?

Wookey
--
Principal hats: Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/