[Yaffs] How does yaffs handle 1 bit error in packed blockSta…

トップ ページ
添付ファイル:
Eメールのメッセージ
+ (text/plain)
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Shigeru Moriwake
To: yaffs
題目: [Yaffs] How does yaffs handle 1 bit error in packed blockStatus & pageStatus?
Hello,

In yaffs_mtdif.c, when dev->useNANDECC == true, blockStatus and pageStatus
is packed into 1 bit.
>48: oob[5] |= spare->blockStatus == 'Y' ? 0: 0x80;
>49: oob[5] |= spare->pageStatus == 0 ? 0: 0x40;

How does yaffs handle 1 bit errors that may occur at those bits, which may
occur on NAND?

I am looking at using yaffs on a small page device with device ECC support.
(dev->useNANDECC == true).
When I tested the system by artificially inserting 1 bit errors into a yaffs
image, I noticed that it reported bad blocks when there was none.

Another related question.
The above bits are 14th and 15th bit of object id.
Why not put them at the uppermost bits of object id (16th and 17th)?

Thanks,
Shigeru