Re: [Yaffs] Mounting time

+ (text/html)
Author: alex z
To: Charles Manning
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Mounting time
Hi All,

Our nand flash driver is really low, so it takes 4 minutes to mount after
not clear umount.
mini-UPS is impossible, my system is a handheld product. :)
Is it possible that don't call yaffs_ScanBackwards after not clear umount?
It really kills time.

Can I use this solution to reduce the mounting time (after normal umount or
not clear umount):
1) assume the size of yaffs2 partition is 3G, it's called mypartition.
2) create a file which is called myfile and its size is 2.9G into
mypartition
3) after mount mypartition, then mount myfile as vfat filesystem.
4) read and write files from/to vfat filesystem.

Any comment?

Alex