Autor: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
CC: Wookey
Betreff: Re: [Yaffs] Re: mv problem
On Thursday 22 September 2005 04:13, Sergey Kubushyn wrote:

> OK, now for the yesterday's torture test. First of all, YAFFS failed
> miserably. Now about setup and results.

<Sigh>

I did not expect your test to last very long.

Those ecc errors you talk about are: "YAFFS TELLING YOU THAT THE MTD/YAFFS
INTERFACE IS WRONG AND DATA IS GETTING SCREWED UP"

Now I've tried to tell you this a few times, but it seems you do not wish to
listen. If you will not listen then we can't help you and further responses
to your postings is a waste of time.

YAFFS is telling you there is a problem. Focus on the problem. There are
numerous posts in the past on how to look into the issue and that this is
combined YAFFS/mtd effort to get things going. Many people have had to tread
this path before. It is far from ideal, but we're working on improving it
(currently waiting on mtd fixes)

Unfortunately these yaffs/mtd problems go all the way through to the yaffs
tools too. That is why the mkyaffs and mkyaffsimage have problems with some
mtds.

I would like to suggest that either:
* accept the above and try to be constructive and work the problem from both
yaffs and mtd sides, and actually listen to the advice you are getting.
*withdraw yourself from the list and find some other creative outlet for your
energy.

Over and out.

-- Charles