Autor: Austin Chen
To: yaffs
Betreff: [Yaffs] Use YAFFS in RTOS
Dear All,

    I am new to here. I have a design use the NAND Flash File System designed by myself. It has bad block management but lack of wear leveling. It also use a non-standard FAT to store files. Now I want to improve my design and incorporate a full-featured Flash File System.

    Is the YAFFS or YAFFS2 suitable for embedded design with RTOS? My design use Nucleus Plus RTOS and Nucleus File system. The Nucleus File is used to access a USB Disk. Since there already has a File System, I hope the YAFFS can be used as a pure FTL (Flash Translation Layer) to make the NAND Flash as disk like block device. Is it possible to split FTL and File System from YAFFS?

Best Regards,

Austin Chen
Kaohsiung, Taiwan