Autor: Nick Bane
To: Yaffs
CC: Balloon-Dev
Betreff: [Yaffs] 16 bit interface nand obsoleted by samsung?
We have just been informed by a distrubutor MSC UK (Ltd) (see msc-ge.com) that Samsung have obsoleted their entire 16-bit interface wide NAND devices. Their website allegedly declares ther parts to end of life too.

I am getting their rep to confirm whether this is 2k page size being obsoleted (YAFFS2 shock) or just the interface (Balloon3 shock).

Might this explain why OneNAND is 512 byte page internally?

Nick