[Yaffs] Problem reading YAFFS file content

Zhang Bill-BZHANG2 bill.x.zhang at motorola.com
Sat Jul 22 01:05:51 BST 2006

I am trying to use yaff2-direct (in bootloader)  to scan and read a
YAFFS1 partition which is created by Linux OS(ARM).  I was able to open
the file, but yaffs_read always return 0s in the buffer.

I also tried to use yboot.c ,  and debugging shows that tags.chunkID
could not be found for that file/objectID.  But if I login to Linux, I
am able to read the whole file.

I already set the is_Yaffs2 to 0 , any clue why this could happen?

We will decide whether to buy YAFFS2  License base on my investigation.
Our bootloader is proprietary and OS is GPL.
Thanks
Bill