[Yaffs] Yaffs2 vs. Yaffs1

Andre Renaud andre at bluewatersys.com
Thu Jun 23 06:06:35 BST 2005

Can someone give me a quick overview of how Yaffs2 differs from Yaffs1
if you're using it on a 512 byte chunk/16 oob device? I've had a look at
the source, and from what I could see it appears as if yaffs2 only works
on 1024/32 devices, and the code for the 512/16 'appeared' to be the
same as yaffs1 (that is probably where I'm wrong). For instance if I try
to mount a 512/16 device using
mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock/1 /mnt
It complains that the geometry is incorrect (since  yaffs2 doesn't do
that), but if I specify -t yaffs, what benefit am I getting over the
previous release?

Thanks,
--
Bluewater Systems Ltd - ARM Technology Solutions Centre

       Andre Renaud                             Bluewater Systems Ltd
Phone: +64 3 3779127 (Aus 1 800 148 751)        Level 17, 119 Armagh St
Fax:   +64 3 3779135                            PO Box 13889
Email: arenaud at bluewatersys.com                 Christchurch
Web:   http://www.bluewatersys.com              New Zealand