[Yaffs] Re: YAFFS2 failure

Nick Bane nick@cecomputing.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 11:11:21 BST 2005

>=20
> if it is not too much trouble, could you post/email a patch? I am
> probably=20
> doing something wrong.
> Thanks,

Actually I am lying terribly about yaffs2 working in a new mtd kernel.
The linux kernel that I am testing yaffs2 in is 2.4.25-vrs2 which uses =
the older mtd where all is well.
See http://husaberg.toby-churchill.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/linux-2.4.25/ =
for details.

It is in bootldr that I am using the new mtd suitably changed for =
embedded usage.
What I needed to do was override the default autoob policy in the nand =
chip structure. This meant that it defaulted to my autoplacement policy =
and not the mtd default for all reads of data+oob together.

Look in =
husaberg.toby-churchill.co.uk/balloon/development/bootldr35/nand/nandif.c=
 in the setup_nand function where nand->autoob is set to yaffs2_oob. =
That should fix it for you though it means that all partitions (yaffs2 =
or not) will be forced to use that policy.

The use of MTD_NANECC_AULTOPL_USR is almost tested but not quite ready =
for showtime.
Look in yaffs/yaffs_mtdif2.c for the way to test it by changing the =
comments.
I have been just too busy to do it myself in the kernel as it needs a =
fair bit of work to port 2.6 to balloon though that is scheduled when =
balloon3 hardware becomes available (July/Sept?).

Nick

>=20
> Sergei

--=20