[Yaffs] Bad eraseblock

Xie, Chao chao.xie@intel.com
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:28:34 +0800

Hi
	First, you should make clear which byte in OOB of your nand flash =
indicates the bad block. I think the spec has described it.
	If you have erased the nand flash with the bad blocks, the bad block =
information may be lost, and you may get wrong bad block warnings.

Best Regards
Chao
-----Original Message-----
From: yaffs-admin@stoneboat.aleph1.co.uk =
[mailto:yaffs-admin@stoneboat.aleph1.co.uk] On Behalf Of wang dengyi
Sent: 2005=C4=EA6=D4=C27=C8=D5 1:58
To: yaffs@stoneboat.aleph1.co.uk
Subject: [Yaffs] Bad eraseblock

Hello,

My embedded system is AT91RM9200(arm9) with linux
2.6.11.10. My NAND flash is Toshiba TC58DVG02A1FT00.=20

The flash has 8192 blocks. When linux boots, it
reports that the first 2105 blocks are "Bad
eraseblock". What does it mean? I check the code. It's
in the function create_bbt(). Seems it reads the flash
and compares with some pattern then shows the error
message. Does it affect anything at all?

	=09