[Yaffs] Re: power fail testing

Sergei Sharonov Sergei.Sharonov@HALLIBURTON.com
Mon, 23 May 2005 09:37:43 -0500

Hi,

> > Hmm, thats a dangerous assumption. Assume that the WP pin=20
> > is switched to
> > write protect mode by a reset controller which supervises the power
> > supply.
>=20
> Thanx Thomas I had not considered this condition.
>=20
> The WP directly controls the internal high voltage charge=20
> pump that drives=20
> the programming. If WP goes low, the hv will droop  and the=20
> programming will not complete reliably.
>=20
> In most circuits I am familar with, the WP is strapped to Vcc=20
> which would allow in-progress writes to complete.

Well, I just checked schematic and I did hook WP to global reset
signal, the one that comes from reset generator. Always thought it=20
was a good idea ;-)

Sergei
This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and pri=
vileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review=
, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If yo=
u are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for =
the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and dele=
te all copies of this message.