[Yaffs] [Yaffs-archive] bad block problem

Skumar skumar@mistralsoftware.com
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:43:44 +0530

hi nick
thanks for the reply
i understood your suggestion but
i am using old mtd ie compiling with CONFIG_YAFFS_USE_OLD_MTD flag
so yaffs will call nand_write & nand_write_oob & not nand_write_ecc.
the difference b/w my kernel & baloon kernel is baloon is using new mtd
baloon has used USE_WRONGECC = -DCONFIG_YAFFS_ECC_WRONG_ORDER=1 flag & i
nave not
i fell this cannot be the problem.
the bad block problem comes in 2-3 boards in 100 boards

any suggestions

may be i will enable debug messages in s3c2410nand.c file & try to debug

Regards
sharath

> > Sharath
> >
> > I had exactly that problem a while back till I made sure that the ecc
> connectivity between yaffs and mtd was working right. Things like one mtd
> layer being passed an integer indicating which oob style to use and
another
> being passed a pointer into an array of oob defs. Both versions link fine
of
> course. There is also some potential for confusion with the yaffs and
smart
> media locations too.
> >
> > If it is *nearly* right then reads often seem ok but the block is marked
> as bad and when the data is moved a bad block marker stops reuse of the
> block. Erasing the bad block marks is bad as this also removes the
> manufacturer bad block marks and the mtd filters this out. For dev work I
> stomp on this filter and accept any bad consequences.
> >
> > See http://62.49.201.250/balloon/ for sample linux source trees with
yaffs
> integration - new 2.4.25-vrs2-tcl1 added recently.
> >
> > Nick

bج?<-yN?r-S^z{0ho/??)eSTSx%Sfzfޮb+'Z'j{^w