[Yaffs-archive] Re: [YAFFS] slow performance --> Cache enabling

Sam Mason mason@f2s.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 10:49:26 +0100

Charles Manning wrote:
>Edward's feedback was a big suprise to me as I would have expected the Linux
>cache to have done the job more effectively that the YAFFS cache.

I guess I'm showing my ignorance here. . .  I've just had a quick look
though the code, and it seems as though it doesn't need to use the
Linux page cache.

I presume that this has been discounted already.  But, I just know how
many times I've spent days tracking down bugs, only to notice that
some assumption I was making, was bogus.

  Sam