[Yaffs-archive] to Nick Bane

gjx xiaoxing001@etang.com
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:5:7 +0800

hello,Nick Bane

    have you received the mail two days ago?

>The bootloader for balloon is indeed stored in NOR. We now use=
 1/2MB AMD NOR
>flash chips as they are very cheap.

do you maintain balloon project now?

>The OS image is in a separate yaffs partition on nand for speed=
 of booting
>and the rest is the root fs.

when the partitions on nand are made? is it after the bootloader=
 has started and been working? in addtion, how to make the=
 partitions on nand, is there the code to make partition in=
 bootloader?

>The latest bootldr from handhelds.org illustrates the inclusion=
 of yaffs in
>Bootldr using my diffs as a base. However, this is not a=
 complete working
>system so yesterday I ported our current bootldr to use the same=
 structure
>as the handhelds code.
>I will be zipping that and putting it on the balloon website=
 very shortly.
>If I don't get around to it speediliy enough for you, do email=
 me for a
>copy.

i have not seen it on the ballooon website ,please send me a=
 copy. can you send me the related docment about the performance=
 of the yaffs with bootldr which the balloon applys.thanks very=
 much!

>There is usb bootldr support included and it seems to all nearly=
 work until
>the first nak packet at which the usb dies. This is typically=
 after about
>2MB of upload so it is nearly there.
>
>Nick Bane

        can you understand?  thanks!

=09=09=09=09
=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1gjx
=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1xiaoxing001@etang.com
=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A12003-04-14