[Yaffs-archive] Re: [yaffs] About NAND_YAFFS_OOB

Thomas Gleixner tglx@linutronix.de
Sat, 08 Mar 2003 11:54:39 +0100

On Saturday 08 March 2003 01:59, Edward J. Lee wrote:
> Hi folks.
> I'm still struggling with the compilation
> (I used 'USE_OLD_MTD' till now, and because of the catastrophic speed
>  I guess I'll have to use a different method)
> and I just can't manage to get over the NAND_YAFFS_OOB, NAND_NONE_OOB
> problem.
NAND_YAFFS_OOB, NAND_NONE_OOB is not longer supported in actual MTD code. We
changed the rules for OOB-selection. The current YAFFS CVS code is aware of
this changes.

from yaffs_mtdif.c

#ifndef	CONFIG_YAFFS_USE_OLD_MTD
	if(data && spare)
	{
		if(dev->useNANDECC)
		{
		        u8 tmpSpare[ YAFFS_BYTES_PER_SPARE + (2*sizeof(int)) ];
			retval =
mtd->read_ecc(mtd,addr,dev->nBytesPerChunk,&dummy,data,tmpSpare,yaffs_oobinfo);
		        memcpy(spareAsBytes, tmpSpare, YAFFS_BYTES_PER_SPARE);
		}
		else
		{
			retval =
mtd->read_ecc(mtd,addr,dev->nBytesPerChunk,&dummy,data,spareAsBytes,&yaffs_noeccinfo);
		}
	}
	else
	{
#endif

Use latest MTD-CVS code and latest YAFFS CVS code and you will be fine.

--
Thomas