[Yaffs-archive] Re: yaffs problem

Nick Bane nick@cecomputing.co.uk
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:46:59 -0000

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Skumar
  To: Nick Bane
  Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 5:41 AM
  Subject: yaffs problem

  Hi,
  sorry for long mail
  i am working on s3c2410 processor (arm9). i am trying to mount yaffs on
nand
  flash
  -------
  I am unclear why this was needed. I find no problems. What Makefile
defines
  > are you using?
      i have not changed the makefile apart from changing
  KERNELDIR =
  gcc to arm-linux-gcc
  ld to  arm-linux-ld

  ------------
  in yaffs_guts.h

  #ifdef CONFIG_YAFFS_WINCE

  // Force the short operation cache on for WinCE

  #define CONFIG_YAFFS_SHORT_OP_CACHE
  #endif

  for linux CONFIG_YAFFS_SHORT_OP_CACHE is not defined
  the function  yaffs_FlushFilesChunkCache() (line 2777 of yaffs_guts.c)
will
  be compied only if CONFIG_YAFFS_SHORT_OP_CACHE is defined. calls to this
  will be there irrerespective of
  whether CONFIG_YAFFS_SHORT_OP_CACHE is defined or not (line 3254 & line
3344
  of yaffs_guts.c)

Yes but there is an empty bit of stub code ( static void
yaffs_FlushFilesChunkCache(yaffs_object *obj) {} ) if SHORT_OP_CACHE is
undefined.
Why the linker is missing this is a puzzle unless your compiler is
optimising it out or something. Note that the functions are static so they
will not be globally visible anyway. You could make the stub inline I
suppose and that would eliminate a function call.

Nick