[Yaffs] mkyaffsimage builds bad image

Author: tike64@gmail.com
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] mkyaffsimage builds bad image
Dear List,

I have successfully used yaffs2 in my ARM system for a longish time in
yaffs1 mode. I have routinely made filesystem images with mkyaffsimage
and burned them into the NAND memory.

Now I updated the kernel to 2.6.27 and fetched the latest yaffs2 cvs
(2009-01-09) and mkyaffsimage ceased to work. It doesn't even compile in
the first place. I changed byteCount to byteCountLSB on line 244 to make
it compile. After that it builds the image and I can mount it in the
target machine and ls the root directory but the kernel Oopses in
yaffs_CheckObjectDetailsLoaded if I try to ls a subdirectory.

Any ideas how to proceed? I presume that the mkyaffsimage code has left
behind as yaffs has been developed further. Or is it likely that I have
got confused? If it is the mkyaffsimage code in need fixing, I'm not
familiar enough with the internals of the yaffs to fix it myself alone.
Or is there other ways to build the image?

Yaffs2 by itself works in the target machine. I can fill the filesystem
in a running machine and there seems to be no problems.

--

Timo